Please refer to the Canadian Government website regarding the most up to date restrictions and requirements to enter Canada.
ArriveCAN mobile app
Canada Border Services Agency has launched the ArriveCAN mobile app to make it easier for travellers to provide their contact information upon entering the country. Download the ArriveCAN mobile app, available on the Apple App and Google Play Stores, and complete the questionnaire prior to your arrival to reduce wait times and limit points of contact. Inputting your information via the mobile app will generate a summary of your traveller information, which will be used by Border Services Officers and Quarantine Officers at ports of entry to support health screening protocols.
You must use ArriveCAN to provide mandatory travel information before and after your entry into Canada. All travellers, with limited exceptions, whether entering Canada by air, land, rail or marine vessel, must use ArriveCAN unless you’re exempt from this requirement due to an accessibility need.
You’ll need to submit your information within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada.
Requirements for Traveling to Canada
Travellers are eligible to enter or return to Canada if they qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller.
To qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller to Canada, you must:
- have received at least 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine accepted for travel, a mix of 2 accepted vaccines
- or at least 1 dose of the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- have received your second dose at least 14 calendar days before you enter Canada
- Example: if your second dose was anytime on Thursday, July 1, then Thursday, July 15 would be the first day that you meet the 14 day condition
- have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- upload proof of vaccination in ArriveCANcomplete your ArriveCAN submission and have ArriveCAN receipt with letter I, V, or A beside your name
Driving to Canada: COVID-19 testing for travellers
Flying to Canada: COVID-19 testing for travellers
14-Day Self-Isolation Resources
Assessing Your quarantine plan
U of T Temporary Housing Resources
Toronto Convention and Visitors Association
Town Inn Suites
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre and Toronto Marriott City Centre Hotel (Book your corporate rate for University of Toronto with any of the two participating hotels)
Car/Limo Service From The Airport
Aeroport Taxi (prearranged pick up)
(905) 624-2424/ (416) 255-2211/ 1 800-465-3434
Toronto Airport Limo (prearranged pick up)
Toronto Pearson Airport Limo (prearranged pick up)
Avis Car Rental
Budget Car Rental
Instacart (Loblaws, Shoppers Drug Mart, Eataly, Walmart)
Many restaurants in downtown Toronto and the greater GTA offer food for takeout and delivery. If you’re self-isolating you must remain in quarantine. You can use delivery services such as SkipTheDishes, Uber Eats, or DoorDash.
Please speak to your HR Office/Benefits Representative as listed in your offer letter to arrange for the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) (if necessary).
Mount Sinai Hospital
St. Michael’s Hospital
Toronto General Hospital
Telehealth Ontario is a free, confidential service you can call to get health advice or information. A Registered Nurse will take your call 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
There are many local pharmacies in the area, which can be found online. Rexall and Shopper’s Drugmart offers delivery options in your local areas. Please contact each pharmacy to check location and for delivery options.
Shoppers Drug Mart
Other COVID-19 Resources
University of Toronto’s Response to COVID-19
Government of Canada:
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Visitors, foreign workers and students
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Travel restrictions, exemptions and advice
- Canada Border Services Agency COVID-19: Flying to Canada
Government of Ontario
City of Toronto