Buying a Home
The right realtor should be able to guide you through the home buying process effectively. While the Faculty Relocation Service does not have preferred providers, there are a few real estate agents we have found to be very helpful in the past. Please feel free to contact us for a referral at (416) 978-0951 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
Tools and links to help you buy a home or condominium in Canada
To understand the CMHC Mortgage Loan Insurance
For more information, see the section Setting up your household – Utilities.
For more information, see the section Setting up your household – Phone Installation.
- Homes Magazine – features comprehensive listings of over 1,300 new home and condominium developments throughout Southern Ontario, accompanied with exclusive colour-coded map guides and useful home buying information.
- Condo Life Magazine – a complete guide to over 200 new condominiums for sale throughout Toronto and the Greater Toronto Area.
- Toronto Real Estate Board Multiple Listing System – search the thousands of homes listed for sale
- Mortgage Rates – check out today’s rates at all the major lending institutions
- Mortgage Calculator – calculate your maximum affordable price
- Realosophy – Toronto-area real estate information and services
- Toronto Real Estate Board – the official site of the Toronto Real Estate Board
- Canadian Mortgage and Housing Corporation – home buying information
- Non-Resident Speculation Tax – A Government of Ontario, Ministry of Finance website that explains the details of the Non-Resident Speculation Tax