In Canada, education is a provincial responsibility. The Ontario Ministry of Education website provides an in-depth description of elementary and secondary education, including curriculum and expectations for each grade level and subject, a school board directory, and an elementary and secondary school finder.
In Ontario there are publicly funded non-denominational schools and publicly funded Catholic schools.
- Toronto District School Board
- Toronto Catholic District School Board
- Peel District School Board
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board
- York Region District School Board
- York Catholic District School Board
- Durham District School Board
- Durham Catholic District School Board
- Halton District School Board
- Halton Catholic District School Board
French Language Schools
- Conseil scolaire Viamonde
(French Public District School Board, including the Toronto area)
- Conseil scolaire catholique MonAvenir
(French Catholic District School Board, including the Toronto area)
- The Toronto French School
A bilingual, co-educational and non-denominational school, offering kindergarten, elementary and secondary education.
Schools on Campus
Please note that both schools have very specific admissions requirements.
- Canadian Accredited Independent Schools (CAIS)
- Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Our Kids Go to School
Many private schools in the Greater Toronto Area approach their curriculum from a religious perspective. The Family Care Office can help you to find the right school for your child. You can also link to the Government of Ontario’s Private Elementary and Secondary Schools page and specify the appropriate faith.