The University has retained an immigration lawyer to provide advice and to handle immigration issues for newly hired faculty with tenure or tenure-stream appointments. Your dean or chair will facilitate a referral to this lawyer through the Office of the Provost. If you have questions concerning immigration issues prior to accepting an appointment with the University, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general information about immigration, please refer to the following web sites:
- U of T Immigration
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada – Live in Canada
- Moving or Returning to Canada (Canada Border Services Agency)
- Consulate General of Canada in New York
- Crossing the border: document you need
- Settlement.Org – Providing information and answers to settle in Ontario, Canada.
- Living in Canada – Answer a few simple questions to get the help you need to settle in Canada and learn about living here.