You will need to have health papers issued from a veterinarian within the last 12 months for any pets that you are going to bring with you through Canada customs. Fees are payable for inspection of animals being imported into Canada, including cats and dogs, from countries other than the United States. The fee must be paid at the time of inspection.

Additional information about bringing animals to Canada may be found online at

If you would like a referral to a veterinarian once you relocate to Toronto, please contact the Faculty Relocation Service at (416) 978-0951.